Big Bore An XT 125 R With TTR125 150cc Bore Kit ???

Prichard XT
This post is 4043 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im one the verge off buying aload of ttr performance parts

Digitally reprogrammable CDI

150cc BBR Bore Kit

Hot Cams (comes with bore kit)

Has anyone out there attempted this ?

I know im better off getting a bigger bike and its waste of money

But that's not why im doing this

Its all in the name of fun

after trawling the internet for XT Big bore kits I found nothing

forums seem to suggest the TTR Kit but nothing to say it actually work

but after checking shit loads of photo and measurements

theres virtually no difference on the engines

this is more of a last check before I buy cus either way im trying

It would just be nice to know

I have changed Carb main Jet From 1.00 to 1.175

Changed the air box for RamAir air filters

and a straight through Exhaust

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For the pound per performance question its a waste of time. The bike will be worth peanuts afterwards too.

Personally i find the last 3 lines of the post the most worrying but its your cash.

Make a good read either way.

It's your money and if you just want to have fun then "WHY NOT" I suppose but if, as Cynic says, your bike will then be worthless then equally why do it, seems easier to buy something bigger and fettle that than ponce about with this one, and that might be more fun I suppose. :jossun:

Like I Said Its for fun I love the xt's just want more poke out of the bike its self not a new one

Im Also on a 150 big bore Chinese And Planning on getting a bigger bike Very soon (KX 450f or Any Good 450f)

tbh I was after advice not to be knocked for trying somat different

Why's The Last Line Worrying

Not Bothered About Value theres no Fun Having a pocket lined with cash and being to scared to spend it

because 'it aint worth it'.

this attitude of just getting a bigger bike would have every one riding round on +1000 cc

And You Wouldn't Have The Weird And Wonderful Bikes That Are Out There

Some Positive imput would be apriciated Please

Thank You

Not knocking just seems little value.

25cc is not going to change things by much at all. 4t engines are castrated by all that metal on top.

The last 3 lines is due to the fact that junking the airbox for ram air filters is a big no no for anything other than drag bikes as they ruin carberation.

The jet sizes are a strage format but maybe thats down to me being stuck in the 80s as far as mc's go.

The pipe too makes little difference on a small single.

I can appreciate wanting to do it hell i have done enough stuff to money pits. I built a land rover trials car. That was money well spent. Not.

Like i said will be an interesting read. But there are plenty on here who will ask why? and not understand the reason, "cos i can".

J

don't claim to know what i'm talking about but wouldn't the Digitally re programmable CDI take care of the carberation

and the fact that no one else is doing it makes it all worthwhile, to have the fastest XT125. (even if not by much) I get it, just wish i could afford it. or had the know how best of luck oh and if 25cc is not lot, well you'll only have 25cc less than a 175cc and with all the other performance parts you should have no trouble keeping up let us know how it goes

well tbh it took a day to get it running spot on with those three lil mods

it didn't do any thing for the top end but layed on a some more acceleration

and stock this bike runs a mikuna 28mm single slide manual so does require jeting before tuning any thing (even though this carb is sort after for upgrading 125 4t's)

the exhaust take a lot of restriction off and sound f**kin sweet

I think I may try and find a bigger bore but going over a 150cc requires the top of gear box boring ( Easy enough)

any suggestions welcome (links)

there are other things to be done on top

-flywheel lightened

-larger catless down pipe going from 1 1/8" to 1 1/2"

-back wheel converted to 19" from 18"

-monster coil pack

But if all goes to plan I will post up some pics and a running video in a month or so

it would be nice to own the fastest xt 125 r on road

well tbh it took a day to get it running spot on with those three lil mods

it didn't do any thing for the top end but layed on a some more acceleration

and stock this bike runs a mikuna 28mm single slide manual so does require jeting before tuning any thing (even though this carb is sort after for upgrading 125 4t's)

the exhaust take a lot of restriction off and sound f**kin sweet

I think I may try and find a bigger bore but going over a 150cc requires the top of gear box boring ( Easy enough)

any suggestions welcome (links)

there are other things to be done on top

-flywheel lightened

-larger catless down pipe going from 1 1/8" to 1 1/2"

-back wheel converted to 19" from 18"

-monster coil pack

But if all goes to plan I will post up some pics and a running video in a month or so

it would be nice to own the fastest xt 125 r on road

My advice is to visit the yzf125r forums where a few have done similar mods for no-gains (in some cases a reduction in performance).

I certainly wouldn't want to lighten the flywheel on a 4T 125cc bike, the flywheel is sized carefully to mix pick-up and smoothness.

Good luck with it if ou do all this stuff.

I will check it

but the fly wheel because of European restrictions and to make it L legal will be restricted (made heavyer)

just don't wana go to light other wise say good bye to top end and smooth gear changes

every thing is restricted on 4t 125cc L euro bikes

air feed, exhaust, downpipes, valves, ports, fly wheel, cdi, list can go on

everything would need to be alterd to get it fully unrestricted

just depends on how much time and effort you got :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online