XJ6 Diversion F 2010 Qs :=)

Kenkaninuz
This post is 4217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I'm the happy owner of a 2010 XJ6 Diversion F, got it last year, and came close to 10.000 miles on it.

During my time with my bike I have come across some 'uncertainties', but hopefully you can help me out.

I have google around to find answers, but the more I search the more in doubt I got, so I figured I'd ask you guys.

1) Since I'm looking for ways to make my XJ6, MY OWN, I have come to wonder... Is there a difference between the FZ6R and the XJ6, other than a few HPs.. If so, what are the diffences?

and

2) Will I be able to fit a Two Brothers Exhaust V.A.L.E M2 005-2570107V-B Black series on my XJ6? (and will I need a PC). I know it fits on a FZ6R..

Thank you very much

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum.

Yes the FZ6R (north america) and the XJ6 are the same (barring minor differences). Yamahas ongoing recycling of the XJ monicker (since '79) and FZ designation (since '85) does cause some confusion but you get to figure the details out as you go. If a part is advertised to fit an FZ6R 2009 onwards it will fit.

That exhaust does look like it fits - if possible join the FZ6R forum (google it) as the americans over there are all into 2Br exhausts.

Also see my sig.....