fz600 oil cooler

Lido
This post is 4199 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone I need some help I just put a oil cooler from a 88 fz600 on my 87 Yamaha radian direct fit same motor on both bikes my question is, is there a check valve that allows the oil to stay in the oil cooler rad when the bike is shut off? And if so how do you drain the oil from the oil cooler rad when you do an oil chainge to ensure you have almost 100% fresh oil? I thank anyone in advance for there help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As long as the sump pan is the same size then all is good,the oil drains back when it's not running.

Post a hello in new members section most other members won't answer otherwise

Thanks dt502001 I did that. Are you sure that the oil drains back in? That does make sence but I just wasent sure. My next door nieghbour said there is some kind of valve that prevents that but he has never riden a motorcycle in hi life!!!!! And his wife dosen't like him much iether !!!

It drains back,you can also loosen the lines at the bottom when draing the oil.

Thanks dt502001 for you help how do you know so much about yamaha motorcycles???

HAHA only beeen riding 40Yrs( started when I was 5) fixing bikes for 30ish and a licensed mechanic for 18yrs you pick up a bit of info along the way LOL

Are you in woodbridge alberta?

I can verify no valve. I just flushed out the oil cooler on my fj. There is no tempature check valve like in most vehicles. The fj and fz use the same cooler.