Yamaha Dt 125 coolant problem?

kieran123croker
This post is 4207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys, basically just had full new top end rebuild and cylinder resleeve done by garage (expensive) got it back and there was coolant leaking from a head bolt, found out wrong bolts were in, so after replacing them with the right ones its not fine.

However i have now got a coolant issue, its spitting it out from the overflow, the rad cap is also leaking, you guys reckon i just need to replace the rad cap? or may i have other issues, not too sure?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well if the rad cap cant seal then it needs to be replaced,it will leak past and out the over flow. I realy wonder about that shop.

Kieran, Go back to the shop and tell them to fix it, they broke it and they should fix the problem they created, put it back together as you got it and get them to come collect it, bloody cheek :madflame: you paid for a job and it's crap so demand that they repair it. :jossun:

Just a after thought look at the tabs that hold the cap to the rad if the are bent (not 90 degreese) you might be able to bend it back. To use untill you get a new 1..

Slice is right they ducked it up they should fix it,but after the mess they have done so far I wouldn't let them work on it anymore. A proper repair includes a road test and all of this would have been noticed by a compent mechanic and repaired before returning it to you.

yeah ile give that a try, and i know im annnoyed and dont want to be bringing it back there, :madflame: would rather give my money to somebody on here that would give a hand instead of another bike garage. They will say its not roadworthy to try and road test because is hasn't mot, and will probably say that i only asked for a top end rebuild not to fix anything else. im just going to try and stay away from there from now on! thanks for the replies guys

Well thats fine no mto so how do they ride test a dirt bike? say after a transmission rebuild.That just BS if they can't ride it they could at least run it on a stand/rolling road ect. When it got hot it would have leaked out of the cap,I don't think they even bothered to check thier work

A top end rebuild IMO includes a coolant leak check,if it didn't leak before the repair then it most certinaly shouldn't after. If it did then they should have fixed it as thats what you asked to be done. If they rebuild it and it pisses out all the coolant then it will blow up again so that would mean they did it WRONG as the top end is part of the cooling system.So leagly they don't have a leg to stand on.

I would take pictuers and demand a refund for a new rad cap,lost coolant.

Then jump on board with beef and find someone close to helpin the future. The more I hear about shops your way the more I understand why you guys need/should to do it yourself.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online