hello

This post is 4210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone

After buying a 1979 dt175 on eBay to use for winter I found myself getting a little carried away with it. Instead of the usual new bits to make it road worthy. I have spent (and am still spending) a deal of time and money on a full nut and bolt rebuild frame powder coated, engine rebuild (except big end)etc,etc,etc, whilst trying to convince my wife that bikes really are cheap to run

Needless to say I have gleaned a great deal of info from this forum. There are some pretty knowledgeable guys out there especially in the dt175 area

So hopefully by registering I may be of some assistance to some one else. Oh and be able to post my own questions

I have been riding bikes for over 34 years with a brief 4 year bash in clubman’s road racing (expensive but good fun)

Previous bikes include TS125, TS185ER, CX500, Z1100R1 Eddie lawson rep, GSX1100, RG250mk3, RGV250, and YZF750R, KLX250S

and I have loved them all including the CX

Current bikes are a husaberg FX450 road legal, super moto wheels but still using motocross engine map (really good fun)

and the DT175 (getting there)

Thanks for your time

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome nobby" [ stiles] :jossun: great intro, you"ve got the restoring bug then, and you had a Dung beetle[ CX] :hah:

Yes I had a dung beetle, maggot, but I had just passed my test and a “friend “!!!! Sold it to me

I hit the side of a van on my 3rd outing quite severely, but unfortunately the insurance repaired it and I had to ride it a little longer

the dt is up and running ( wish I had taken more pics now ) but is looking a little worse after all the snow and salt, but got it to use, so there you go

I don’t think it is running quite right though so I maybe posting a few questions on the other part of the forum

Hopefully some one may help

thanks for the welcome

:welcome: to the YOC!

Thanks for the welcome everybody

and I am glad my photo wasn’t wasted (dammed good representation of Britain’s dental health care in the early days) I do actually resemble him

If it’s not too presumptuous I have posted a question in the workshop section

If anyone has any suggestions. It would be very much appreciated

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online