Provisional entitlements on your Counterpart Driving Licence

j0hn
This post is 4207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently passed my driving test and I received my counterpart and license with category B embedded. However, looking at the Provisional entitlements section on the counterpart I see that I have category A listed. Could this be some sort of mistake? The actual licence seems to be correct where it lists the dates for category AM, A (=<25K), B and fkpq. Anyone with a motorcycle and car licence willing to check if this is the case for them too, thanks :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got full bike license in '89 and says A

car license passed in '81 says B

don't know what AM means on a license.

Passed bike test in '80 - got A on the plastic with the right dates

Passed car test in '82 - got B on the plastic with the right dates

Also on the plastic are BE, B1, C1, C1E, D1, D1E, fklnp

On the paper counterpart I just have provisional GH from my 17th birthday (loooooong time ago!)

So, what's your question?

How old are you? Have you passed your bike test? If so when and on what (125/DAS)?

Sorry, I should have mentioned. Passed my restricted motorcycle test (limited to 33bhp for 2 years) back in October last year and car licence about 2 weeks ago. The entitlements on my plastic seems to be correct, it's just on the paper counterpart I have A under provisional entitlements. I'm wondering if that's a mistake since the plastic has the right dates under the A section.

Seems about right to me - you don't technically have a full bike licence until you've done your 2 years at 33bhp, so the A is provisional on the counterpart, the A(=<25kW) is full on the plastic. Once you get your 2 years out of the way you could send your licence off for amendment, but I wouldn't be bothered, you could just wait until you need to update your address or similar, or have to fork out for the 10 year photo tax that they screw us for nowadays.... :soapbox:

Ahh! That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up for me, yea I'll just wait for that stupid photo tax :P

don't know what AM means on a license.

I think that's the new category for mopeds which replaced p.

get in touch with them and check, i know a few guys who have passed their car test after their bike test and when they got their licence back the bike part had gone. turned out it was a dvla computer cock up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online