dt 125 water pump

ahaywood93
This post is 4060 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ive had water in my bike because it wasn't cold for weeks but because of this weather it froze everywere in my bike theres no cracking on my engine but i suspect my water pump is destroyed ive put coolant in it now and ever since that day my bike temp will shoot up to red within minutes =/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cracked head internaly,check you spark plug bet it clean like new.Also check the thermostat.

Try a new thermostat first, might just be the problem?

Try filling it up not running(coolant) then fire it up if it pisses it all out the over flow tube then internal crack.

Still in there as in the cooling system or the engine in general.

What is the gearbox oil like.

well when i flushed the engine i poured water through and had the bolt out so it went from the rad out the bottom of the pump fine so i put the bolt in and filled it with coolant and i will let you know about the oil tomorrow when i strip the bike :)

i filled it up with coolant yesterday then started it all the coolants still in there non came out anywere

Then your lucky if the head was cracked it would be pressurizing the coolant system and blowing it out.

It will only come out with the bike running ,when the head gets hot enough for the crack to open,the plug will tell all if it's steam cleaned then cracked head.

Any chance the Temperature Sensor could've got damaged by the freezing water??

Could be sending a dodgy signal??

Danny......

thats what i was thinking but the engine vibrates quite alot but when i feel the side on the barrel when its indicating its red not its still not hot to touch butthe outside casing is cracked on the water pump not a big one but its noticeable

Sounds like the sender unit.

The vibration is an unknown. The ice could have done all sorts of wierdness. You could have damaged the sleve or parts in ths sidecase.

You can test the sender by taking it out and putting it in boiling water. That should show above normall temp but not in the red. She should be running 95 deg or therabouts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online