wtf have I done to deserve this shit?

Grouch
This post is 4199 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks guys : ), Yeah I have to be over the worst now : ) can't see anything major going wrong now. I have taken extra care of the engine using top oil and changing regularly. All it needs now is the fork seal and the electrics sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Congrats on getting it all sorted Grouch. Any idea what bearing type/model/number they replaced your bike with? I experienced a similar situation today on the motorway so looks like a bearing replace is in order. Going to attempt doing this myself but the Haynes manual says I need some kind of "Internal Expanding Puller" tool. I'm hoping it's a load of crap and I'll be able to pull out the bearings with a flat head screwdriver.

They just said they used sks bearings which are a good brand. You need to make sure you do it properly otherwise your putting yourself in danger.

Congrats on getting it all sorted Grouch. Any idea what bearing type/model/number they replaced your bike with? I experienced a similar situation today on the motorway so looks like a bearing replace is in order. Going to attempt doing this myself but the Haynes manual says I need some kind of "Internal Expanding Puller" tool. I'm hoping it's a load of crap and I'll be able to pull out the bearings with a flat head screwdriver.

Don't pull the bearing out (1st you will never pry it out 2nd you will make amess of the hub) drive it out from the inside oppsit end with a long punch/bar..through the hole that the axel fit's through.hit it at 12o clock then 6 -3 -9 and work aruond it till it pops out even/straight with the hub

Glad they fixed the bike and done that freebee for you mate, so now when you turn your head light on dose the brake light go on full beam? :D

Yes this was happening and they said it was a bad earth.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online