Well, I finally done it and bought myself a 75 DT400.

JDS
This post is 4213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well Chaps

I finally bought myself a DT400 after 2 to 3 years looking for the right bike to turn up..

I don't know how to attach pictures on the forum, but if someone could give me a few tips, I'll do my best to post some pics.

Cheers

John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it.

Check out the FAQ in the new member section for help posting pics. :)

Well done john" :thumb: i remember you looking for 1 , is it the Uk black/ white, or Usa Yellow, ? I sold mine on, it ended up in that dealer in London [Frank 1] it was a minter too, .

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it.

Check out the FAQ in the new member section for help posting pics. :)

Cheers for the link Sacha..

I now have a photobucket account.. This is a steap learning process this forum stuff..

Here are some pics of the DT400.

PS: I don't seem to get any notice of posts from this thread.. Is there a tickbox I need to tick ?

Cheers

John

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1171-1.jpg

IMG_1166-1.jpg

Well done john" :thumb: i remember you looking for 1 , is it the Uk black/ white, or Usa Yellow, ? I sold mine on, it ended up in that dealer in London [Frank 1] it was a minter too, .

Hey.. How you doing mate ?.

It's an import... I've tried getting a date certificate from yamaha but no joy there.. They said it was to old for their records.. Bugger!.

I know the dealer in London your referring too ( Motorcycles International or something like that) and the owner is called Frank..

He has a Honda NR 750 up for sale at £100,000.. Good bit of self marketing to get punters to his store..

Please post a few pics of your old DT400 and have you got out of this model all together or just taking a break..

I hope I’ve done the right thing and not bought a bike of my youth only to be disappointed.

They said never meet your heroes... LOL !

Wow she is prety good looking for her age,whats your plans for it just ride as is ? or full top to bottom restore?

O ya put up a pict of that sweet lookin 650 in the back ground,theres talk of a calender and it's looking a contender to me.

I know the dealer in London your referring too ( Motorcycles International or something like that) and the owner is called Frank..

He has a Honda NR 750 up for sale at £100,000..

This is the Honda NR750

Cheers for the link Sacha...

PS: I don't seem to get any notice of posts from this thread.. Is there a tickbox I need to tick ?

Cheers

John

Glad I could help. :thumb:

I think you have to click on the link to follow the topic to get email notifications. Should be in the top right corner of the thread. There may also be a setting in your profile under notification settings. Not sure if a spam filter would block the emails though. ??

LOVE the bike btw! :wub:

Cheers again sacha for the forum tips.. Now I see the tick box you mentioned in the right hand corner... What would I do without you hey !

dt502001... She's to nice and honest to do a full restoration on her.. I'd like to replace all the internal engine bearings and seal to insure everything is okay going forward, but not to touch the exterior paint work on the casings and spoil the original patina.

" Fear Wear & Tear" is the cool !

The carb needs sorting out because its p**sing out fuel.. I suspect it might need a new float and float valve.. Anyone know where I can get some NOS parts for these carbs ? (Does “Allens” still do parts for these carbs ?)..

The other parts I need at the moment are a front Takasgo wheel ( original buckled) and a NOS inlet manifold ( original perished).

I’ll try and get some pics of the Yam 650cc Flat Tracker next time I’m down that neck of the woods and post some pictures..

Sniff6.. I like your averter … I’m a big mutt fan as well and own 3 boys myself.. I have 3 Hungarian Vizsla’s

I used to like the NR750 when it came out, and although it was the inspiration for Tamburini’s 916 ( well at least the headlamps, exhaust exit and single sided swinging arm) I personally don’t think its looks have stayed the test of time like the Ducati..

Is it me or does Michael Neeves look ill in that video.. he looks so thin and gaunt.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online