New Star model, soon soon soon!!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 4133 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I want one already and aint even seen it yet!!! :sigh2:

I bet it looks fucking hideous... like some 60s retro-futuristic Jetsons afterbirth and only comes in 'Classic' styling!!

I bet it'll be a U.S. only release, just like the Stryker, the Road Star, Stratoliner, Roadliner and so on. Also, with these stupid motorcycle license categories I'd be surprised if they release another cruiser in Europe unless it's small as the XVS950 is ok for A2 license.

950 should be more than enough, though. From what I understand, it's even better than the old 1100s.

How much do you really need, I wonder.

If it's any good, we could always campaign to get them released over here. Folks did that with the Japan-only DN-01 so although they were subsequently very disappointed, it can be done...!

Hmmm, intriguing... glimpse of dual rear shocks, and that shadow on the wall on the website, mention of "less is more"...I don't think this will come in classic styling. But it does look like an american launch, so may be a yank only model.

Think i found it! yes it looks like it is a US only bike 1670cc motor!!

http://fullmotorcycle.com/yamaha/2013-yamaha-road-star-s-cruisers-price-and-performance/

Think i found it! yes it looks like it is a US only bike 1670cc motor!!

http://fullmotorcycle.com/yamaha/2013-yamaha-road-star-s-cruisers-price-and-performance/

You sure? I can't see the twin shocks anywhere on that...

i did say i "THINK" :biglaugha: Guess we will just have to wait till tomorrow to see what it looks like. maybe they are going for a bobber look like the Honda Shadow did???? :eusa_think:

Don't think that's the one Noise, looks nice though, very dragstar-y! Too bad in only comes in classic styling...

That's a Roadstar - they've been out for ages. I think this one is completely new... US forums range from a new 500cc to something based on 950 engine. We'll find out tomorrow...

It's a 950...

bike-gray_zpsf0b09cdb.jpg

Interesting. Can't help but notice it's a Sportster equivalent. Not a blatant copy, but definite echoes. It's got the engine and transmition of the xvs950 in a bike the size of the dragstar 650. Bet it's peppy!

That is nice! i agree with you tout its on the same wave length as the sporty. Just wish they stuck a disc brake on the rear of the 650 draggy!

Going home to beg the missus for a new US import bike now :D

It is indeed hideous!!

To the untrained eye, which is most of them, this is a blatant Sportster rip-off... That said, I'd rather have one of these than the new Star range.

But that tank angle... fecking EURGH!!! What made the Dragstar such a cool looking bike was the flat angle from back of seat to front of tank - Long and low, making the bike look even bigger than it already is.

I'd have to have lots of spare cash to upgrade to this one, methinks.

Yer you can see where they got the inspiration from

Exactly the same rear fender and lights, similar tank, same handle bars, same front fender. :eusa_whistle:

Sportster48.jpg

Just change it to a king sporty tank, slightly bigger, i think its an extra 2-3 gallons bigger (again thats an "i Think") :eusa_whistle:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online