DT125R Help Please

naughtywoody
This post is 5999 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys i'm new to this forum stuff and really need some help quick!!

I've got a 1995 dt125r but its sat in the garage for around 8mths now and i've just come to start riding it again and it won't rev above about 3000 rpm!!!

It starts fine first kick with choke and idles fine, it will rev up but starts to faulter at around 3000 rpm when i ride it, it just won't wind up in any gear. the strange thing is the chokes not stuck open.. but if i hold the choke open and rev the engine it faulters at around the same sort of rpm?? thinking aha its achoke related problem i cleaned the carb out but found nothing !! so i changed the fuel and drained the tank..!! no change !!

i really want to ride again so can someone please suggest something that might have gotten gummed up or stuck that i haven't checked !!

many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There are 2 thingfs here.

The 1st is that if it is a problem at 3000 revs every time then it's probably something to do with you exhaust system. Maybe the powevalve is closed or too open.

If it's at a certain throttle setting then it's your carbs.

• 2 years later...

There are 2 thingfs here.

The 1st is that if it is a problem at 3000 revs every time then it's probably something to do with you exhaust system. Maybe the powevalve is closed or too open.

If it's at a certain throttle setting then it's your carbs.

Have you changed the plug it could be braking down under load (my lc did it on a regular basis, changed plug ok for another 6000 miles)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online