Trying to find a very specific pair of gloves...

wild foamy
This post is 4204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps

Im starting to get excited about coming home and getting out on the bike(s) but im also after some new gear, particularly a set of gloves, there was a link posted in one of the SMIDSY thread many moons ago which featured these gloves but for the life of me i cant find it.

basically from what i remember they were textile, black in colour but had spiked metallic knuckles, ive had a look on ebay but cannot seem to find anything even closely resembling the gloves im after :(, just wondered if anyone had seen a pair like it?

love always

Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've seen stuff like that around... Wouldn't recommend them unless you like busted hands, though.

Most of those I've heard that came off with metal spikes, studs, claw panels, armour plating etc either learned such things were decorative and simply fucked up the glove during the crash leaving them open to damage, or worse still actually caused significant damage when they hit and got pressed into the hand.

Your call.

• Like 1

Something like this with moulded knuckles/fingers may be better? (Unless you're going for bad-ass look?)

http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/motorcycle-gloves/alpinestars-spx-handschuhe-schwarz.html

I have a pair of cycling gloves padded on the palms with no fingers for the roasting hot summer months we get.

There red an black (same as bike) and there great for when ya want ta pick your nose. :spin2:

I have a pair of cycling gloves padded on the palms with no fingers for the roasting hot summer months we get.

There red an black (same as bike) and there great for when ya want ta pick your nose. :spin2:

:biglaugha: and sticking said finger in your bum :biglaugha:

:biglaugha: and sticking said finger in your bum :biglaugha:

no no no no no :fingerwave:

Everyone knows that for best effect you put your finger up your bum BEFORE you put it up your nose...

im aware i wont be as protected with these gloves but i have a pair of really nice HG gloves for those long journeys where speeds are likely to be about 30-40mph, i just wanted these gloves because they look badass and could seriously fuck up the paint/dental work of any cager who displeases me

im aware i wont be as protected with these gloves

I'm far more concerned that they would actually fuck your hands up quite badly in an off (15mph would be enough). The last biker I knew who slid down a road with these on ended up with the metal knuckles being driven through the leather and into her wrist, just behind the metacarpals where they ripped all the tendons and nerves to shit. She now has only one working finger on that hand :(

I care about you Foamy... I'd hate you to be left without your fiddling fist and your diddling digits... ;)

I care about you Foamy... I'd hate you to be left without your fiddling fist and your diddling digits... ;)

Oh i see now, then the ladies wouldnt be able to call me "Edward Jizzerhands" :o.

are there any decent bad-ass looking gloves around?, ive developed a kink for spikes and metal recently... hence the last gf tbh

You'd be far better off modding an existing set with carbon fibre panels.

Drill into them and rivet your metal bits through those holes. That way, in an off the metal is free to break away. The carbon bits will kark it but the nice protective leather will remain intact.

Depending on how much you want to spend, a decent glover could scratch-build you a set, triple-stitched and everything. Get the metal bits made elsewhere and take them along. I'd expect £70-80, which is still less than some pairs of gloves out there!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEATHER-AND-METAL-SUMMER-MOTORCYCLE-MOTORBIKE-GLOVES-M-L-XL-XXL-/271172912809?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Gloves&hash=item3f232a46a9

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dainese-Full-Metal-pro-motorcycle-race-gloves-black-/380370036343?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Gloves&var=&hash=item588fd22677

I found these on a quick search on ebay. first ones are canny lush like I can see why youd want some, however I think that they would tear off your hand.

The seond pair seem to be more along the lines of a protective glove instead of a statement.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online