Another INSURANCE thread!

slice
This post is 4073 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok just had my insurance quote through and guess what it's gone up :madflame: , even with my NCD so looked around and had another quote from an online thingy and get this :hyper: £100 :hyper: cheaper than my quote from my present insurer, so did the play them off thing and suddenly I have a "NEW" quote from them at the same price "PLUS" all the bells and whistles that were "EXTRA" before, so what are they playing at I ask? why not just offer this in the first place and stop pissing about. No wonder people get ticked off with insurance companies and the prices they charge. Just to illustrate the point original quote £155 + some odd pence to £60 exactly for fully comp on my 750. Also thinking of changing to an FJR1300 so got another quote which was (get this) £88 FC ! where do they get their prices from? it's twice the CC and worth 10 times as much, just bloody incredible.

Had my moan, going to have a lay down now.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Difference between the 2 bike quotes is about risk, I bet there's less theft of FJR1300s... Agree they should always offer their best quote but they hope people will just accept the renewal so they can cash in. It seems no-one is bothered about rewarding loyalty any more - if you're a loyal customer all you do is subsidise the offers for new customers.

Difference between the 2 bike quotes is about risk, I bet there's less theft of FJR1300s... Agree they should always offer their best quote but they hope people will just accept the renewal so they can cash in. It seems no-one is bothered about rewarding loyalty any more - if you're a loyal customer all you do is subsidise the offers for new customers.

Blimey Clarke, this is exactly what Paul Lewis from Moneybox was saying on BBC 1 news this morning.

Blimey Clarke, this is exactly what Paul Lewis from Moneybox was saying on BBC 1 news this morning.

I saw that, some old dear had used the same company for 38 years and was charged over £1000 for house insurance. Shopped around and got it for a couple of hundred.

I guess they [some old folk] rely on the 'man from the pru' mentality, where people stuck with the tallyman insurance bloke who came around on the weekly, because they really thought it was the best deal and didn't know any different.

I saw that, some old dear had used the same company for 38 years and was charged over £1000 for house insurance. Shopped around and got it for a couple of hundred.

I guess they [some old folk] rely on the 'man from the pru' mentality, where people stuck with the tallyman insurance bloke who came around on the weekly, because they really thought it was the best deal and didn't know any different.

It looks like that the big banks/insurance companies rely on old fogies like me to just accept their renewal prices and pay up.

Well, they have picked on the wrong one here, because I'm not as daft as I look (I only look daft)

Seriously though, I do shop around where I suppose many elderly people don't.

Oi! What's with the bloody ELDERLY geting into this thread, I might be old but ELDERLY is taking the piss. :rofl:

Oi! What's with the bloody ELDERLY geting into this thread, I might be old but ELDERLY is taking the piss. :rofl:

I suppose us ELDERLY, :yeah: sorry slicey boy, experienced people are only are as old as we feel, personally I feel like I'm in my twenties, although I know I'm not, but, although I am slowing down at home, at work I am still working at the pace I was twenty years ago.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online