Too close for comfort

j0hn
This post is 4049 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ah, the ol' "I have zero spacial awareness, so I'll drive a big estate car" chestnut. Because I'm assuming they saw you. If they didn't they need to get a brain scan.

F"CK ME!! John that was close, one more layer of paint and they would have had you. Still you were only 300 yards from the junction and they really wanted to get off and you after all are only on a motorbike and their car cost more than some peoples houses so they have the right to behave like total PRICKS. See if you can make out the reg number and have a chat with your local plod, I would have followed the dick to the next junction and had myself a mirror moment.

John, The THINKING bit never entered their heads mate. Still at least you still have all your bit's I suppose. I do the same as you and keep your thumb on the horn button, it makes them at least know they nearly run you down, they will then give YOU the finger like it's your fault. If you have access to YOUTUBE put it up on there and call it like it is "SPOT THE ARSEHOLE!!" Just a thought. :jossun:

DOH! I see it now, just put it down to old age and Alts Altz bugger, forgetfulness. :eusa_doh:

F the horn next time and boot the car,dick head drivers :madflame:

slice, the messed up thing is, the driver didn't even exit the next junction! I have no idea what he was thinking at the time.

I've seen drivers do similar things on the motorway with other cars, they pull back over w-a-y too soon.

Could be wrong, but sometimes, I think they just get annoyed that other vehicles around them aren't travelling at the same speed as them. You "made" him pull out and overtake you, which must have been too much effort for the poor soul and he wanted you to know.

Or possibly I'm reading too much into this! Regardless though, it was an idiotic thing for him to do, but glad you're ok. :-)

I'm impressed with the speed at which you get in the horn!

it happens when I'm in a car too, its like WTF?

I've had peeps drift out into me and I've seen cars drift into lorries, guess who won that one?

I had a similar thing when i had my 125, just pulled up out side my house, went to turn right to go onto my drive way, done a right hand life saver and some female twat over takes me just as im turning, so i followed her, over took her at a T junction and parked the bike in front of her car for a little chat.

she was on her phone, and guess what she said? I DIDN'T SEE YOU!? then she went on to tell me not to shout as her kids where in the car. So i cant shout but she can kill some one in front of her kids?

I see he didn't even indicate either, but again at least you didn't join the tarmac gang, cant quite make it out but i think its a personal plate??

I'm impressed with the speed at which you get in the horn!

Heh, ye, my horn action skill gets pretty good training from time to time :P

cant quite make it out but i think its a personal plate??

I can make out SY11 FXN, not sure if it's right though. I should really start shouting out the number plate next time so it's easier.

Every so often when I'm riding, I have a quick glance in the mirror just to check what's behind me and how close. This driver seems to be in my blind spot at the time or else I would have moved over to the left slightly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online