Insurance?

JonnyD
This post is 4225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys jonny here, i got bored today and was looking at upgrading my top end barrel and piston from 50-90cc and was just wondering what a rough price would be added to my insurance, atm im paying arround £300, how much would be added roughly?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have no way of knowing until you ask them. Insurance is like a lucky dip, you never know when it's going to be good or bad. Personally I wouldn't bother declaring but that's me and I don't recommend it.

I'll call a couple of companies first and tell them what you plan on doing. They should be able to quote. But generally they don't favour modifications too much. However, definitely declare it with them if you do go ahead otherwise your insurance will be null & void and you could be facing some legal issues..

How old are you and have you only got a CBT?

If your 16 on a CBT then you can only have a 50cc engine which will cost you (as you know ) £300 and all is good and you can go about riding knowing you are legal and safe.

if you are 16 with a CBT and have a 90cc engine, insurance will be £0 as you will be in breach of your license and will not be insurable.

IF how ever you are over the age of 16 and have a CBT then stop pissing about and just get your self a 125cc and save all the drama.

;)

+1 for getting a 125cc instead