AG 100 clutch worm/screw/actuator

RupertW
This post is 4226 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I have recently purchased an AG 100 which has had the clutch screw/worm shear, probably as a result of the clutch seizing. I am struggling to find a replacement clutch screw for the bike, am I right in thinking that the engine is the same as that on the RXS100? Any pointers to anyone who might be able to provide a suitable replacement would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Rupert, bearing in mind you haven't introduced yourself in the new members section properly, We haven't a clue what you are on about.

Well done Rupert, I work in Corsham.

This isn't a come on in and and ask ask question forum, more of a very friendly chat place where you introduce yourself and then ask/give advice.

All I can suggest to you is go to the new members section, introduce yourself then go to the relevant section, i.e. in your case the workshop section.

If you go through the proper procedures I can assure you, you will get more help. We get a lot of "one hit wonders" here where people come in and ask a question, get the answer and we never hear from them again, even to say thanks.

I hope to hear from you again but you might have to explain your problem again though.

I understand what you're saying about the 'one hit wonders', the friendlier forums are always nicer. As for the problem with the bike, I think pictures would explain it far better than I can, so I'll get some pictures in the morning when its light. One thing which would make things a lot easier is if anyone knows if the AG100 shared any engines with any more common Yamaha's sold in the UK?

I understand what you're saying about the 'one hit wonders', the friendlier forums are always nicer. As for the problem with the bike, I think pictures would explain it far better than I can, so I'll get some pictures in the morning when its light. One thing which would make things a lot easier is if anyone knows if the AG100 shared any engines with any more common Yamaha's sold in the UK?

Well done Rupert, at least you got one response. From Blackie none the less.

I doubt the engine# will help, like you i also think you'd be in with a good chance that one from another engine will fit, you could do with a part#

what year is it, post the vin# if you dont know

I have a hunch it will be the same as the YB 100

heres one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GenuineYamaha-2N3-16341-00-A794-/260841086266

Thank you, although I am fairly sure the engine is not the same as a YB 100, although that part does look close to what I need. I think the RXS100 may have the same engine. My main worry is why the part broke in the first place, and so I'll have a look at the clutch to see if anything has come adrift. Hopefully this http://www.haynes.com/products/productID/373 will be helpful.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online