help with dt125 PLEASE running problem

drewm2389
This post is 4154 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have been doing up my yamaha dt125 for a while now come along way from a frame and box of bits all together But it wont start very often and when it does dies sound like missfire/backfire and wont start for ages i have replaced

coil

lead

cdi (3rm20)

spark plug

compression is fine (fresh bore and piston)

spark is good

fuel seems fine

im running out of ideas i have remmoved the carb and found a 240 jet installed so have ordered the 210 as im out of idears

the loom was a mess and have had to repair it and wire the cdi up anyideas

manythanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do these bikes have a Idle jet? (needle jet)

possible culprit? :eusa_think:

3 ideas 1 cdi is nfg 2 your wireing job 3 pick up coil is sending wrong signal to cdi

fuel seems fine

Define" :eusa_think: have you a good flow- is the plug damp, ? how old is it, if you spray easy start in carb will it run,,

that will be 3 cdis i have tried then and i have not tryed easy start will get some and try plug gets too damp in my eyes it ran fine untill i was running it and toouched a wire by mistake which made me think cdi blown ?? new one still same problem will any dt125 cdi work as i have some in the box of bits just wires are different colour . i presum stator is fine as ran fine before

????? touched a wire by mistake????? Me thinks you need to fix wiring befor trying another cdi

Not startor.... pick up coil restiance test in order..

cdi go by part # others here can tell you which ones work better or will work

some monkey had a go at loom before i owned the bike the wires are repaired now but ever since it sparked on wronge wire ive had this problem as i thought id blown cdi but got another one and still same i think im going to to wire another cdi up as the cdi i have is for a epv and i have a manual one so from cdi i have spare wires

Spare wires probably won't solve your problem here...if you think the problem has to do with wiring then fit a new loom and take matters from there.