Changing my bike! FJR1300A or Honda 1300A Pan.

slice
This post is 4230 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am thinking of changing my bike, I have an XJ750 (pre divi) that is 30+ years old now and it's really a good bike but getting a bit long in the tooth for long runs, so I was thinking of buying an FJR 1300A or the Honda 1300A ST Pan, I have not ridden either of these and wondered if any of you have and what did you think of them, I have checked out the forums on both of these and there seem's to be no major problems other than the FJR has some issues with minor vibration from the engine/frame? what ever that means. I would like to hear from any of you that have any thoughts on either of these or even what you think might be a good alternative, I am really looking to do some long european runs this year so I would be grateful for your input. Thanks all, Slice :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The FJR vibration is due to the engine bolts being loosened off by the owner as they were worried the the frame threads would strip when fitting crash bungs. Mine does not vibrate at all and the mirrors are always clear.

I did test both the Fjr & STX and both were nice the Honda is a comfy chair but has odd handling it feels like the rear is trying to over take the front also they can weave really bad, Honda didnt manage to sort it so the police stopped using them and sold off the ones they already had.

The early Mk1 Fjr had a number 1 valve problem which was sorted by the time the Mk2 in 2003 came out and would have thought they were all done by now.

Both had a low speed hiccup just off tick over due to the fuel injection. I dont know if it was sorted on the Honda but I have a Mk1 Fjr and it only does it slightly when really hot ambient temp 40deg Spain.

I hope this helps.

Thanks both, really helpful, I think it's going to be the FJR just got to be nice to the wife for the next 100 years (oh dear). :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online