Seca 900

seca-900
This post is 4235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , just getting back into the bike world after 20yrs. I have owned 3 Yamahas previously and found a 1983 Seca XJ 900. I know these are sort of rare and it needs a exhaust.. Will the exhaust from a seca 750 fit? I have been looking and its hard to fing one except on ebay where they are sort of generic 4-1 system. Any info would be helpful as I would love to rebuild this bike. Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

firstly let me introduce myself, i am 54 and have a 1989 xj900 which to all intents and purpurses is the same as yours

while i was looking for an exhaust, the american company market one for yhe xj650/750/900 which they say will fit all, at the moment i am looking at an exhaust for the 650/750 to which the silencers look identcle to the 900 ones, i am going to take a chance on this as i need silencers as well, al;so motad do a 4-1 for this bike

hope this helps

andy

Hi,

If I can put my tuppence worth in I had the same dilemma recently. I have an XJ750 grey import from Japan and, because MOTAD were having a sale of new/old stock on eBay I took the chance. Not finished fitting it yet but it's ok so far.

I also asked for advice earlier on this forum and the opinion was that 750/900 SHOULD be ok.

Good Luck and welcome

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online