I Need Some Advice On Fairings

JonnyD
This post is 4237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, its jonny again and i currently have a Yamaha TZR 50 (2003) just resprayed and added a new piston, and was thinking about adding the front side fairings, the ones that case the sides of the engine. but i cant find any for a tzr 50, anywhere, but i did find a tzr 125 fairing for £20, and was just wondering if it would fit? or i could modify it, like trim it down and add new bolt holes Etc? any ideas guys?

thanks in advance ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

for £20 get it try it and if ts a no go then sell it on or stick it in your parts bin for future use.

oh and where abouts in manchester are you??

Hi Jonny, Well you can make anything fit I suppose but do you really want to add 20 odd pounds of useless weight to your already small bike? What is it going to do for you other than slow you down? You probably have to rev the nuts off of it to get any descent speed out of it and then your going to add more weight, I can understand that you want it to look good and even that it will make riding it in the rain a bit less uncomfortable but sometimes it's best to leave it alone. Just my thoughts on your question perhaps you have good reason for this but to be honest I would have another think about it before spending any money. :jossun:

im in the rochdale area Beef, and really i just want it so that when i go to shows i can put it on to look its best and the other main reason is i can get a larger profit if i sell the bike, like now iv had an offer for about 900 and he said with full fairings about 1,200, but yeah its just for show really.