DT125R 1994 Oil and neutral lights not working

Callum
This post is 4155 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

New to the site and had a look to see if this was covered before.

Just got a DT125R 1994 and the neutral light and the oil lights do not come on when the ignition is switch on.

Battery is charged, bulbs are ok and bike is in neutral

Is there a single feed from the battery to these lights?

Any ideas before I start stripping down the wiring loom.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check your earth first might just be a simple fix. :jossun:

Do you have power when you turn the ignition on but with the engine stopped for the horn and indicators? If so remove the LH side engine cover (not sure if you have to remove the gear lever as well on the DT125R) and check to see if the single Blue wire is connected to the neutral switch just below the front sprocket. If it is unscrew the wire from the switch and touch the wire to the crankcase with the ignition on. If the lights come on it's probably a faulty neutral switch.

It will be the feed. Those lights use different earths and wiring. The common link is the feed from the battery.

I think :-)

Tis on my ol girls anyway.

The neutral light is earthed via the blue wire when the gearbox selector is in the neutral position via a spring loaded plunger in the switch or selector drum and is linked to the oil light to come on when in neutral as a bulb check.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online