xj600n knocking + fuel question,

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so, my xj600n is back out the garage and ready for its MOT this weekend,

few things i noticed were that there is a slight knocking noise coming from the bike when idle, was on yourtube and it sounds like it the norm for these bikes?

also, in exitment to get out for a spin i put 2 stoke into it . . .(thanks to my old man not correcly labaling the fuel cans)

after i noticed i emptied what was left of the tank, and filled with fresh fuel, but its still smoking like a chimney.

is there anything i should do prior to my next trip on it? e.g. sparkplugs fuel filter ect?

thanks!

Matt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It will clear matt, no harm done,,, :eusa_snooty: when was last service,,, change oil if it was start of last season,,

thank god! haha

last oil chang was oil and filter about 300 miles ago . .

• 2 weeks later...

Oil should be fine. Just check level etc, probably needs a dam new good run. I've had a noisy tappet for the past 3000 miles and a rattley tensioner since owning the bike. You should be fine, they're pretty bullet proof. If you're really concerned run some redex through the tank, it'll help clean the system out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online