Restrictions done! new bike?

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4087 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so, my restriction is due to be removed on my lincence in june, and i was thinking of getting a newer bike as an upgrade.

Currently got a 1997 XJ600n, and that is about as "sporty" as im wanting, dont realy like full fairing race/sports bikes like the r6, r1 ect - dont find them suitable for commuting 60+ a day.

any ideas? i quite like the xj6n, but wudnt mind something with a bit more power availability. .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends what style of bike you want for a 60 mile commute? Best bet is to get on autotrader and see what's available in your budget then go and see them....

I'd suggest something with a bit of front fairing/ screen for wind protection and to help keep the rain off. Some bikes worth looking at: Yamaha XJ6 Diversion F/Fazer, Suzuki V Strom/Bandit, Honda CBF600 or Hornet...

well i have the car aswell, so it wouldnt be used between december - feb,

but i wouldnt mind another yammy! was looking at the xj6n and mt03, but the Fazer seems a good shout! will need to check autotrader/gumtree/fleabay

Fazer is a cracking bike for commuting, bit like the Yams version of the Bandit (more or less) sit up to plod about town on, or kiss the tank and thrap the tits off for shits n giggle days.

My Fazer was great when I had it, so good I almost bought another one in December last year.

Avoid Suzuki and stick to Yamaha, a brand you can trust!

i would prefer to get another yammy, afterall i have my YOC t shirt! atm its looking like a choice between the fzr100 and the Honda VFR800