1974 DT250 wiring HELP! please..no spark

simonsickles
This post is 4239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, introduced myself today, i have a 74 DT 250 it wont spark.the bike was running some time ago....bought a new 6v battery..ignition switch was buggered/ useless so i cut it off at the switch and found a 3 pin toggle switch..can you tell me if ive wired it up right?

Power - red

Accesories-brown

Ground-Black

not sure where the black/white wire goes..if i touch it on red or brown wire battery leads heat up and blows fuse..if i have it touching the black all is good but still no spark.

managed to get the horn and blinkers rear stop light working though. but not the headlight.....i havent got the flywheel puller yet but the points open and ill clean them also....any ideas what could be causing the short? all the other wiring on the bike looks good and seems to be in the right spots....thanks simon.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The black / white goes to kill switch on R/h side, its the ignition/ coil ground. this kills the spark, you need a diagram to see if any thing has been chopped,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online