Nitro Retro Motocross helmet

welshwan
This post is 4101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This part of the forum was looking abit bare so figured I'd get my finger out and write down a little bit about what i can fairly review as i have had it a good few months.

I have had a look online for some of the spec/information about it and it is as follows:

:2010 model Helmet
:Shell design optimized for reduced weight, air circulation and filtration
:Fiberglass composite weave constructed shell provides lightweight properties whilst
offering excellent protection
:Wide eye port aids peripheral vision
:Ultra comfort fit removable and washable liner system showcasing Coolmax by Dupont
:Reinforced chinbar, with integrated mouthguard/dust filter
:Premoulded polymer nose wrap designed to keep the roost off your face
:Fully adjustable peak with aluminium mounts
:Twin intakes at forehead integrated with aperture trim with wire mesh filtration
screens
:Double D buckle allowing for secure fitment
:Anatomic luxury fitted cheekpads and comfort lining
:ACU Gold Standard

I have had this helmet for a few months now and i really like it. I personally like the look of it, much prefer the look of MX style helmets over any other type, even though a couple of the dual sport ones have caught my eye in the past.
What drew me to this helmet was firstly the cost as it was on some sort of clearance sale i got it for just under £30 delivered (wasn't too much of a risk for me to buy one of these online as the helmet i had before was another nitro MX lid). I chose this one out of the 4 different color schemes available as it just seemed the most 'retro' looking one, all 4 colors look pretty cool to be honest but i knew which i wanted as soon as i laid my eyes on it.
Secondly it has a nose wrap which really helps when its raining, or if the fucker driving infront is kicking up loads of crap off of the road. I used to really jump when a particularly big drop of rain would slap me in the cheek, does anyone else get that? seems to happen when under tree's maybe it it the bigger drop coming off on the leaves or something? either way that's a thing of the past with this lid B)
Thirdly a more unusual reason is that it is made from Fiberglass and as you may know, with these unlike the polycarbonate ones you can put stickers on it without compromising the structural rigidity of the helmet, what?! i like stickers of naked chicks, parts brands and other crap as much as the next guy....i'm thinking a big 'fuck off' sticker next. You've got to have a laugh from time to time. ;)

My one and only complaint about this helmet is that the glue has given a little where the nose wrap is glued to the chin protector bit, but in all honesty i do suspect that this has happened due to me carrying it by the chinbar, and inevitably it has come slightly loose.

All in all this helmet comes highly recommended! ESPECIALLY at £30. Hope this was of some use to some one :)

Oh by the way for £30 it's getting a 5 out of 5 from me :)

post-43890-0-25359300-1360526643_thumb.j

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

whats retro about it? (apart from the price)

Decent well written review.

ermmm I'm not too sure buddy. i guess burgundy is a little more old fashioned, and the red, orange and yellow lines across the back remind me of something from back in the day?

Other then that though man i suspect it's just a name, and fitted the theme they were going for.

ohh and thank you sir :) it did take a little while to write up. Glad it shows