Target for Theft?

Bobby_Newmark
This post is 4240 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone thought a 2000-2002 R6 was a target for theft.

I live in Brooklyn New York and have been riding older cheaper yamaha's since I started riding about 5 years ago. I don't do track or particularly long rides. It's really just a way for me to get around.

Initially it was because of my budget limitations but then I realized that it's great to be able to park right outside your apartment and hop on and go whenever the mood strikes and knowing that it will still be where you last parked.

Then I bought an FZR600 and fell in love with inline 4 sportbikes. For 3 years it was kept on the street and never stolen. Got knocked over a few times but it wasnt the end of the world since I paid $900 for it.

Now I'd like to move up to an R6. I've seen some of the early 2000-2002 carbureted ones up for sale that fit my budget. I'm only concerned about it being stolen.

Any advice? Anybody familiar with theft patterns in New York?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

not familiar with the theft patterns tbh, i guess its similar to in the UK i.e. depends if you live in a 'rough' area or not.

you can always deter theft, like park it in a space where there is CCTV, fit a disc locks and alarm, a big f*cking chain through the frame to something solid like a ground anchor or lampost

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online