Fitting Heated Grips to XVS950 Midnight Star - help needed please

Kevinc
This post is 4239 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Please can anyone help, if they have already fitted heated grips to their XVS950......?

I have bought Oxford-style heated grips. (They are "On Tour" but look like they may be made by Oxford for On Tour) - 22mm diameter for clutch side, and 25.6mm for throttle. After removing the bar ends and then the rubber grip on the throttle side, the plastic sleeve that the new grip goes over seems to large - it also has big ribs all along it.

The inside of the new heated throttle grip has a hard sleeve in it, which I assume slips over the plastic sleeve on the handle, but they seem exactly the same size (ignoring the ribs, which would need to be shaved off or cut down.

Have I missed something, or are there larger sizes of heated grips?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Kevin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

RTFM - The hard sleeve from inside the grip is only required on certain models.
Take the sleeve out of the grip and try fitting it onto your existing throttle slider. It should be a pretty snug fit.

Report back and let us know.

Contacted the manufacturer who said these particular grips won't fit my cruiser and has offered a refund.

FYI, the manual says nothing about removing the sleeve from the grip, and neither did the tech support guy.

Maybe get some heated gloves? £50 Keiss inner glove liners or £99 for their standard (outer) heated gloves. 10 mins to install max then just plug n play. I'd recommend outer gloves if using on their own as waterproof & comes with in built heat control (no heat control on inners).

You can also use gloves on more than one bike

Contacted the manufacturer who said these particular grips won't fit my cruiser and has offered a refund.

FYI, the manual says nothing about removing the sleeve from the grip, and neither did the tech support guy.

BOO to the manufacturer, then!!

Even Oxfords state which models they will and will not fit, on the actual packaging! Their manual also covers everything you need.

Oxford aren't an amazing brand, but for being comparatively low-end they're fairly solid for the most part.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online