Virag XV750 Dead Starter

allanfryer@hotmail.co.uk
This post is 4247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help

I was recently trying to solve a problem of a misfire on my bike by cleaning all the terminals on the coils, plugs, wiring connectors etc but when I went to start it nothing happened!!. The starter motor does nothing although all the light, indicators ec work and they do not dim when pressing the starter switch. I have taken the switch apart, cleaned it and applied dielectric grease to protect it but still nothing. I seems as if there is a break between the switch and the starter. Can someone tell me if there is a solenoid or a starter relay fitted and if so where abouts are they?

Using a spare battery and a set of jump leads can I test it by earthing the chassis and putting the live feed directly onto the starter terminal to try to see if it will turn over or is this asking for trouble with the electrics on th bike

It was working fine up and until I started what I though was a maintenance job on it and now nothing but frustration!!

Any advice would be greatly and most humbly receievd.

'Woody' Allan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When you press the starter button does the oil warning light come on?

Also is there no audible click from the solenoid?

I seems as if there is a break between the switch and the starter

yes, I think it could be a break in the wiring from the starter button and a multi connector which on my divvy is located under the seat.

On mine the wire going into the multi connector had corroded, I stripped about 1/2" off the end, put it back, put some silicone in and have had no problem since.

You can also by-pass the starter motor by shorting the solenoid, but I wouldn't recommend it though.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online