YL1 electrical problems Help

Roblogan
This post is 4196 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

this is my first motorcycle rebuild,

im part of a 2stroke moped shop so i i know a decent amount about 2 stokes but i work with mostly single cylinder and nothing this old. that being said i was setting this up to be bare bones with no battery since it has a kick start and no turn signals. i mounted the engine and and was checking the electrical I'm getting some voltage out of the green post wich is meant for lights and ext, but the orange and ash grey posts are getting no curent at all im not sure why i checked the points and condensers cleaned them but I'm not familiar with the flywheel i.e. how to pul it to check and clean if there is any rust or crud in there. if anyone has some info for me that would be awesome, i removed all of the electrical i am going to run it as a racer so i only have the ignition coils hooked up and and grounded

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online