DT 100 REBUILD

Rebuildt
This post is 4258 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there,

I recently purchased a 1974 dt 100 for $150 AUD (bargain right!) I bought it as a rebuild project however there is one problem - I know next to nothing about motorbike mechanics. From what I can tell almost all the parts are there, and I was told that when connected to a fuel source the motor ran.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew enough about motorbikes for me to send/post a few photos with what I have and perhaps give me some guidance on what I need to buy/do to at the very least get the thing running again!

Any help Would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Buying a manual would be first and give it a good read through.

Then a parts manual if you can get one.

Then start on the smaller jobs and work up. Only nuts and bolts...honest.

My manual arrived a few days ago I have had a brief look through it is quite confusing! I think I am definitely missing a few nuts and bolts haha. Will keep reading and hopefully post up some photos of my progress.

i'll try and help as much as i can don't know loads but ive just recently got a dt 125 and stripped it down took the engine out replaced the topend and cleaned everything up its now back together and running perfect just waiting for this snow to go so i can start running it in! post any pics and ill take a look i know all the basic components of a 2 stroke bike but want to learn more about tuning.

good luck :)

• Who's Online (See full list)