Introduction.

ausibatla
This post is 4153 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody. I'm here to introduce myself because when I signed up and gave my details on the 6th. Sept. 2012 I thought I had become a member of this site. Unfortunately Sacha and Mike 1949 jumped in claiming I wasn't entitled to the question I asked and that I had thrown a tantrum. I found this out on google when searching for information about XV1100 spoked wheels today.

Well I don't know what a new member is supposed to say except what is in his/her profile.

I live in Western Australia In a small town about 100km's south of perth. I have raced speedway solos at Claremont Speedway, now extinct, I've raced moto cross and enduro's and for nearly 50 years I have ridden untold numbers and makes of bikes on the road.

I love motor bikes and am a member of a number of other forums and never had a problem. In fact on other forums newbies are welcome with just a user name and nothing else. As long as they abide by the rules, no swearing, no derogatory remarks about members or the bikes, etc. they can ask as many questions as they like. Before long we find they are answering other newbies questions.

I don't know what you expect of a person joining your site and asking for help but it seems to me that you are going about it the wrong way. If a newbie loves bikes then give them help and advice without any stipulations.

And Mike 1949 your remark, 'If you look at post #3 you will find that he was a bit annoyed, and dare I say, a bit of a tantrum?'
was unfounded and unwarranted. I don't carry on like a mug lair, I help people who need it and am happy to do so and I expect the same from others.

Edited by ausibatla

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings ausibatla and :welcome:

sorry to see you got off to a bad start fella but dont worry this isnt normally a place you'll get aggro from they're a friendly bunch as a rule

I can see where you're coming from with the spoked wheels they look far better on this type of bike in my opinion.

Hi Ausbatla, Welcome to the YOC, I think maybe you have misunderstood Sacha's comment, she was just pointing out that we like to get to know our new members before they start asking questions and she was NOT having a go at you just pointing out that an intro makes things more friendly, if you want to stick around then good for you if not then we hope you find some like minded people that you can get on with, you have to remember that we get lots of ONE HIT WONDERS on here who rock up ask a question and then piss off never to be heard from again and we are just a bunch of guys and girls who like to ride bikes and help out when we can but mostly we like to see new faces and have a laugh. If your still upset about what was said then all we can say is sorry that you feel that way and hope you find what your looking for elsewhere. Ride safe. :jossun:

And Mike 1949 your remark, 'If you look at post #3 you will find that he was a bit annoyed, and dare I say, a bit of a tantrum?'

was unfounded and unwarranted. I don't carry on like a mug lair, I help people who need it and am happy to do so and I expect the same from others.

Hi Cobber, (I don't know your real name)

I'm very, very sorry if I have offended you, to be truthful I was merely sticking up for Sacha who is a lovely lady. I said what I thought at the time, which was my true feeling about you, if not correct I do apoligise. But as slice said we do get a lot of one hit wonders, only the other day I answered someones queerie with photos but they have not even had the decency to reply. I even asked them for feedback as it will help others with a similar problem.

So, lets start again and I hope there is no offence taken and welcome to the forum.

Can we electronically shake hands?

As a sideline I did visit Freemantle in 1966,

Don't go away, there aren't that many Virago owners here on this Forum, we are an endangered species here

Well, I am trying to make amends nsd.