please help xvs 1300 problem

Nicholai
This post is 4268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I took my star out for the first time in a couple of weeks today. When i was on my way back she started kangarooing down the road and when i got it home it was running badly. It has fuel in the tank but not that much but the fuel light has not come on but does work as when i you turn the key it lights up and goes out. I am very worried as i hope there is nothing majorly wrong i will put some more fuel in soon and try it, but i was wondering if anyone would know any different. From filling her up till now i have only done about 60 miles and she is almost empty but i have only done little trips as weather has been rubbish as you know.

Nick

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

could it be simply running low on fuel? I dont know anything about this bike BTW, hopefully someone who knows them will chime in. Perhaps there is two fuel tanks, a main and a reserve ? Have you studied the owner manual? I take it you bought it private sale

If you havent got a user manual, download one for free here, just select the year

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/uk/services/owner-manuals/index.aspx

Ok well today lunch time i went back to my bike with some petrol super unleaded to see if it was because of not much fuel so started it up first to see if it was still there and it was. So i put the petrol in and started it up once again no improvement so i took her for a quick blast and he was the same no change. I rang up a bike garage close to me and had a word and he said he could have a look even put it in his computer to see what it comes up with. So got back to the bike after work and started her up and it was fine, but was fine when i did it on lunch but after a while went bad to i waited for a bit and still seemed ok. So either way i went to the bike shop as it is only round the corner from the house and all the way there she was perfect ran and sounded sweet as a nut. He had a quick listen but as she was as she should be there was nothing he could do but i had her running while i was chatting to him for about 10 mins to see if anything had changed and nothing, then turned her off left her for about 15-20 then started her up nothing sounded and ran as she should. I have no idea what the problem was but what ever it is she is fine now touch wood lol might have been the threat of me taking her to the bike shop that made her pack it up lol.

Thanks for you help guys for all you answers and thoughts i am very grateful.

Nick

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online