MOT

welshwan
This post is 4270 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

passed my MOT today after not being able to ride it (well on the main roads anyways ;) ) for the past 3 or soo weeks. The chain needed tightening soo the guy pretty much did it for me :) and then just an advisory on the front disk pads so when i got home i ordered a pair, should i consider changing the disk at the same time? there seems to be plenty of life left in it ...?

All in all VERY happy will be out on it Sunday ........feel like doing some greenlaning i think

bloody chuffed to be honest B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done Taff.

The discs hopefully should last a lifetime. It's not like having to change a sprocket when replacing the chain.

In all honesty, I would just replace the pads.

Once again Paul beat me to it.

ahh thanks!

i'm sure someone told me you did once, but thanks for blowing that BS outa the water! and thanks for the speedy reply's gang

ALSO just saved me a few bucks BONUS! B)

Discs do wear and certainly dont last a lifetime. Following main stealer specs their fkt after 1mm. In truth they last long past that.

Maybe 3 or 4 setz of pads. Depends on you riding style.