YZ450F engine noise? Is this normal?

worthyking
This post is 4119 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, I have an 03 YZ450F that I just recently bought. After riding a couple weekends I noticed a loud engine noise. To me it sounds like valves knocking. Reading the forums I have found other threads that say it's normal for these bikes, but I just want to be sure before I do anything rash.

So...I took a video clip of the bike idling and wanted to see if you guys could take a listen and tell me if i need to worry.

Here it is:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry I can't really tell you whether the bike sounds "normal". Can't really say I've ever been around that model (that I know of). I will say that you should pop into the new member section and introduce yourself. You'll likely get better response from the (knowledgeable) YOC folks. :)

:welcome: aboard!

Does sound like valves just tapping to me, no harm in getting them checked out anyway. Doesnt sound like a bottom end thats for sure so thats one good thing!

Nice bike by the way.

Is it firing on all cylinders? :1poke:

Yo foams it's a 1 lung

It sounds like everyother 450/250 wrf ,keep a eye on the valves or you'll be replacing the head

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online