FZR600R exhausts

This post is 4272 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I have a 1994 FZR600R with a noisy stubby Micron can. The part number for a standard can appears to be 3HH-14710-10-00, but there are a lot of cans which look identical from the early FZR's to the thundercat, would any of these be ok to fit?

Any help appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

OOP's Sorry got a bit ahead of myself!

I too am from the North East and In the late 70's early 80's I owned (at different times) an S2 350 triple, two S3 Kawaski 400 Triples, an H1E 500 triple, two 400 fours, a Z650, a CX500, a four stroke 400 yam twin and a few others. I tuned a garelli step though 50cc two stroke to do an indicted 50mph ( I said indicated!) plus various others.

I got back into biking in October 2011 with a £700 Suzuki Bandit 600, then got a newer GSX650F in May last year.

I fancied a bike for winter and to do up in the spring so bought a 1994 FZR600R a few weeks back.

Had my first run out on it today to Thirsk and back after a mate de-siezed and re-built the brakes. The micron can started departing from itself and the speedo cable broke, but appart from that a sucessful first run out.

The reason for my forward iniitailal post will now be obvious as I need a can and prefer to do things quietly!

Welcome ranob" :jossun: thers lots of FZR owners on here, post queations in workshop area, as most dont look in here,

Youv had a few triples i see, :spin2:

Thanks for that. Yep l wish l still had the triples. Can't decide if the 350 or 400 was the best, 350 a bit wilder, 400 a bit more usable. 500 was stupidly expensive run even then. 60 mile a tankful 20mpg on a good day. My mate has an h2, he reckons he gets 11 mpg. I used to own a Daimler 5.3 v12 that did that!

:welcome: to the YOC!

:welcome: cool bikes you had.

As blackhat says, start the thread in workshop and you'll get a better response

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online