Yamaha DT50 excess oil

Gaston
This post is 4271 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Everybody

There is a problem in my DT50 and I think it is quite serious because it is an oil problem that can cause damage if left untreated.

I feel that the engine is pulling extra oil. The symptom started when one day I was repairing the indicator lights. I started the engine and left it for about 20 minutes while accelerating from time to time because the battery was dead. However, after a while, the engine stopped unexpectedly, making a suffocating sound. I thought that the engine suffocated from too much fuel and acceleration. I tried to kick start several times but in vain. I managed to start the engine by making someone push the bike and after 4 or 5 attempts, it started, but on the point of stopping again. After a few rounds on the road, the bike was now ok. At that time, I could't figure out the problem.

However, during the last few days, my father went to work with the bike. He said he managed up to 80km/h. But he at that speed, when he came home, there was drops of oil spilled on his shirt. This happened 2 times and then, we started to be conscious about the problem. I don't know from where this oil comes from

I recalled the incident that happened to me and now, I think that it was OIL that suffocated the engine and not FUEL.

I know too much oil can be disastrous. So can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? The smoke is also VERY smelly and sometimes white and abundant.

I have uploaded a photo of the oil pump. If there is something there, screws, etc... from which this can be fixed, please tell me.

Thanks in advance

734145_190001057808322_72350908_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

1St it's probably just old oil in the pipe try taking the pipe off and de coke it by putting it in a fire and burning out all the old oil.

What colour is the plug black? Also are you using/loosing any coolant?

Hi, Airhead. Please tell me how do I check the gearbox oil. I know where it is found, but how to check? The hole is very hollow.

No, it doesn't smell of fuel. It seems only oil. My father says 2-stroke oil is so smelly and its normal. Is it?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online