WRF frame number

welshwan
This post is 4266 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have seen a WRF advertised fairly locally. However the bike was stolen from the owner who then recovered it fairly shortly after but the vin number had been ground out of the frame, but engine number is still in tact. the person has the crime number to prove this is the case.

what i would really love to know is do i have any chance of getting an MOT on this, as tax and MOT have ran out.

also might there be any complications with getting insurance on it and also for them to pay out in the event of an accident?

any advise or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm listening, but have no knowledge to lend. :( Here's hoping someone else does. :)

awww thanks sacha! ^_^

yeah bit of a random question to be fair. ahh well fingers crossed , might phone up the DVLA tomorrow and see if they can assist :)

Have a look at this thread too (if you haven't already)... may be something in there. :)

• Like 1

Hmm im not sure if its possible but if the guy still has the log book and the engine number matches up could you not have the VIN number re stamped? Im guessing if not then you would have to take the police records with you to prove its now recovered to get an MOT?

I also thought that the police examine recovered vehicled and re marked them in one way or another?

Probably not much help sorry but i thought id put that out there.

apparently if you have all the paper work to prove this is the case you SHOULD be fine, but as any of us that have had to deal with insurers know what the thieving little gits are like!

i bet they would pull some shit to say that they don't have to pay out (or much worse that your insurance is void) , all seamed like alot of hassle to me, and by the time id gone back to ebay it had been taken off due to no longer being available :(

wish id have just gone there and had a look but it's gone now. ahh well better luck next time ehhh

also yes you should be able to re stamp it. SHOULD

also i don't have a clue if what the police (if anything) do to mark em

Take care! The worst thing about purchase a motorcycle is precisely the paperwork! Who knows him? Maybe is the thief or the "associate".

blokey reckoned that the V5 was in his name, but i never made it out to see the bike.

also with these stupid A2 specifics whats the fucking point anyways........

such a limited choice of bikes available

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online