Bad earth?

Andrewh1
This post is 4275 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Happy new year everyone. With a new year comes a new problem. I stripped down my Thundercat and resprayed it all over winter. I've built some of it back up but when I fired it up today for the first time the right front indicator just stayed on like the headlight. It also flashes when I hit the switch but when I turn it off the light is constant. My father in-law mentioned something about a bad earth but I've no clue what that is so any ideas and suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks everyone, Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the ground the bike stands on maybe contaminated which is very bad for the earth. try moving the bike to a different location and try again!

or you just take off the indicator lamp and ensure the black wire where it meets the frame is clean (undo and wire wool/wd40) and the inside of the lamp has clean contacts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online