to athena 170cc or not??

kenDAWG
This post is 4122 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well people ive been looking around for something with a little more hp and ive been looking some more, now i stumbled across a thread about the athena 170cc a few people gave some reviews of this kit and they seem to sound positive.

(i also know a company on westgate road newcastle who said they would dial my carb in for £15)

most said you dont gain much in the way of topend but its more low down and mid, so in essence you can use 6th gear and it actually pulls...

im guessing that if the bottome end can handle it this would be a decent little upgrade - the price of £400 is a little steep but im getting sick of my little bike slowing down going uphill i would just like it to have the ability to hold the speed or even a little bit excelleration without having to screw the living rings out of it lol..

anyone had any experience with these?

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well im not bothered about insurance.

im more interested in the benifts to my bike, i know the bottom end is in good condition - no rattles and big end bairing seems nice and tight..... its food for thought.

i dont want a wheelie machine im not that kinda rider i want to be able to hold a steady 60mph up hill with an extra bit power for over taking, i go up and down the gears and i can hear her saying "get off you fat twat" by the way im 16.5 stonne and 6ft 1" tall so im as light as a ships anchor and as airodynamic as a slab of concrete

ken

I have ridden with a tdr 125 running the athena kit. 90 mph bike. No fantasy either. Blackhat was with me at the time.

It may be worth mentioning that it did kill the motir in the end. Something in the box was the description i last heard.

If you keep it sensible then i see it as a good way to improve a dt. Licence and insurance not withstanding.

I have ridden with a tdr 125 running the athena kit. 90 mph bike. No fantasy either. Blackhat was with me at the time.

It may be worth mentioning that it did kill the motir in the end. Something in the box was the description i last heard.

If you keep it sensible then i see it as a good way to improve a dt. Licence and insurance not withstanding.

sounds good to me, i mean im not after 90mph i just want to be able to hit 60mph uphill thats it really no wheelies etc i couldnt give a shit about having the fastest dt around etc just a little more reasonable engine hp...

i find the bike comftable and fun until i hit the 60mph roads with hills in them

cheers

ken

I know how you feel mate my ybr could do with a bit more power when going up hills .on some it will not go faster than 45mph LOL

yes it does get a little embarrasing, however i have just done a rebuild with carbon reeds and upped a tooth on the front sprocket she now sits nice @60mph no redline, if i come to a hill drop the gear give it some beans and she will pull up no bother.

i am now happy :)

cheers

ken