HELP! SPARK PLUG CHANGE ON XJ6N

hippyracer
This post is 3859 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

I've recently purchased a naked XJ6 and want to change the spark plugs. I've taken the side panels to see if I can access the plugs, but there doesn't seem to be any room, so I tried to manoeuvre radiator out of the way without disconnecting the hoses but with out much luck. After abut half an hour I gave up and put panels back on. Any help will be much appreciated. Anyway, I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Hello

I've recently purchased a naked XJ6 and want to change the spark plugs. I've taken the side panels to see if I can access the plugs, but there doesn't seem to be any room, so I tried to manoeuvre radiator out of the way without disconnecting the hoses but with out much luck. After abut half an hour I gave up and put panels back on. Any help will be much appreciated. Anyway, I hope you all had a great Christmas.

You need to pivot the tank back (it bolts down at the front) and prop it up. You then need to remove the air-box (deep allen key by memory for each of the clamps). There is rubber webbing protecting the plugs, this is held in place with reusable zip-ties.

It's 40 mins work, provided you go steady, and not too taxing for a jap-four.

GL

• 11 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online