i need your help guys, my bike wont start (at all)

JonnyD
This post is 4282 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So with everybody wanting you to put stuff in the plug whole how about this one.

Take out the plug and................leave. Couple of hours later crank it a couple of times. No choke or throttle. Then........leave it.

The following day make sure your all set. Get your plug. clean it. Gap it then get the fucker as hot as you can. Get it in the cyl quick as and give her a go.

I think its just flooded myself.

So with everybody wanting you to put stuff in the plug whole how about this one.

Take out the plug and................leave. Couple of hours later crank it a couple of times. No choke or throttle. Then........leave it.

The following day make sure your all set. Get your plug. clean it. Gap it then get the fucker as hot as you can. Get it in the cyl quick as and give her a go.

I think its just flooded myself.

how do i make it hot and do i leave it out untill the next day?

With a blow torch or a gas ring in the kitchen. If the plug is hot then you will get a little longer before the plug is wet because its hot.

Also the heat dissapating from the plug into the head can help too.

So get the bike ready to start. Heat the plug then put it in as quick as possible.( Couple of dry runs to practice will help). As soon as the plug is in try and start it.

Oh and yes let the engine vent overnight with the plug out. Before you try it.

where abouts in manchester are you??

it had run out of fuel.

so i would be looking at that as the cause.

you sure its getting fuel and enough fuel at the engine end. carbs may need a clean. shite sucked down throught the needles due to running out of fuel.

and does it turn over at all on the button?

does the starter clunk or whirrr like its trying to start.

does it run when bumped?

is the air box clean and the filter dry, its been bloody wet last few days. try taking the air filter out and starting it.

its a simple process of elimination, you need fuel/air/spark to start it. if ones missing or not working fully then it wont work...

thanks for all your help guys, i finnaly fixed it, after taking it all apart cleaned the carb and found there was a gash in the fuel line so iv sorted it all out and its running like a dream, thanks alot guys :) i really appriciate it, and i hope you all have a great new year :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online