dt125LC

bikerguy210
This post is 6842 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI GUYS IM NEW SO BE GENTLE HAVE BIG PROBLEM WITH MY 1982 DT125LC IT HAS NO POWER,IT STARTS AND IDLES FINE BUT WONT REV CLEANLY PLUS WHEN RIDDEN HAS NO POWER NOT EVEN ENOUGH TO PULL IT ABOVE 3RD GEAR PLUS IT WONT REV VERY HIGH NOT ENTERING ANY KIND OF POWER BAND SOMETIMES IT FEELS LIKE IT TRIES TO REV HIGHER BUT NO CHOKES AGAIN.

I HAVE CLEANED OUT CARB CHECKED PISTON AND RINGS AND AT THE MO IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW THIS BLASTED POWERVALVE WORKS THERE DONT SEEM TO BE ANYTHING OPERATING IT,PLUS WAT POSTION SHOULD IT BE IN WHEN IT IS NOT RUNNING HAVE REMOVED AND CLEANED AS VERY CARBONED UP AND REASENBLED BUT HAVE NOT TIGHTED 10MM BOLT ON END BECAUSE DID NOT KNOW IF IT NEEDED TO BE SET A POSTION OR IF IT SHOULD BE FREE MOVING.

ANY HELP WITH TIS WOULD BE GREATLY APPICATED OR ANY OTHER IDEAS ON HOW TO GET IT RIGHT

THANKS GUYS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It maybe that your exhaust pipe is all clogged up. If you can then take out the baffle and se if it's all gunged up.

I would think that if you cannot decide if the powervalve should be open or shut then see which one gives the best tick over. This wil be the normal psition for it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online