Picked up a Fazer

clarke
This post is 4143 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, I picked up my Fazer today from Bike543 in Oldham. Just ridden back to Leeds in the peeing rain, come off M621 brake and there's vibrations throughout the handlebars. By the time I get to my house it seems more noticeable (though not really used brakes on motorways unlike riding through city traffic). Pop it on centre stand at home, pull front wheel forwards & backwards and there's loads of movement. Very surprised as they had it MOT'd last week for me to pick up. Does make me wonder if there's anything else up with it...?

Anyway, I've given them a call & they said they'll get back to me. Hopefully won't take too long as was looking forward to getting out on it this week as am off work.

I'll post a pic soon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well got a call back + they're sending a mechanic to my house tonight to either fix the bike on site or take it back to their shop to be fixed. Guess that's not bad customer service (although should never have had the problem)

Here's some picsDSC_0594_zps629c3575.jpg

DSC_0595_zps71be8998.jpg

Bike picked up & taken away in a van. Fella said bearings must have just gone on my way home as claims it was fine when taken to/from MOT.... Not sure I'm convinced. Starting to think I might just ask for a refund...

Yes it's a beautiful bike. Hope they get it sorted. :)

Hmm. Sounds a bit off to me. Steering head bearings dont go like that.

Its the steering head bearings - entire front end rocks backward and forward when pulled on centre stand. Not good!

They took it back in a van tonight, but given it sailed through an MOT last week I have no idea what else could be wrong with it...

Well, decided to go for a refund & they were fine with it + apologised about what happened...

Back on the look out for another bike.

Well done Clarky " :thumb: . I doubt that thing had been thru a proper test, , thats a massive fail, the examener should be shot,

Plenty bike"s be up for sale soon , alway are in Feb /march.