Replacing Handlebars

Old mose
This post is 4299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All, I'm new at this so please forgive me if I blunder. I recently made a trade for a 77 XS400 which was in parts. I'm a retired auto mechanic so I have some mechanical ability and was able to get everything back together and working. I'm going for the cafe racer look so I purchased some drag bars. (to old to bend over for clipons or clubman bars) The screw heads on the throttle and switches are destroyed and I'm unable to turn them. I thought about cutting the heads off with a cutting wheel then take it apart and remove the remaining screw but I'm unable to find a diagram that shows if I will have a screw left to grab. Any info would help. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome mose " :wavey: post this problem in either the workshop or project section, as thes posts are buried fast, and most members don"t look in here,, thers a few good Xs owners here , you quest will be answered soon,,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online