Ideas? XJ600 Divvy, Won't roll with clutch pulled

FattPatt1984
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya All,

So was solving the problem i last posted (wont ideal in netraul while on side stand) by putting a new engine in. Had enough of the old one, loud knocking, slipping in 6th gear, neutral problem... final straw was had to bump start it one day and i couldn't get the bike rolling with the clutch lever pulled in while in anygear... so assumed "Gotta be the cable, need to adjust it" still couldnt get it rolling anyway i adjusted it... so thought "thats it, engine is fucked, clutch is fucked, fuck it get a new engine..." next day i have a 23k engine ready to fit on sunday just gone...

ALot of me "been a twat" and now i have the engine in wired up, chain on and nearly ready to go (just gotta put carb, air filter and tank back on) but had to move the bike from one garage to another...

must have been in gear coz back wheel was not moving, so pulled the clutch lever and sods law wont roll... but WILL roll in nuetral...

I thinking either 1: i'm a cock and havent adjusted the clutch enough (although i've worked on loads of 125s a a XT600 and never had trouble adjusting a clutch... 2: as the 23k engine has been sat in a breakers awhile things have seized up abit (need to put oil in the engine and fire it up to get it working and release the thrustplate from the flywheel)

What do you guys think COULD be the problem?

Cheers

Fatt Patt

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

clutch plates probably stuck, happened to my XJ600 pre-div when it was left standing for about 6 months, and the fireblade after 2 months.

i used to start them in first with the clutch in, run it at a fast idle and gently tap the back brake with the clutch lever pulled in, just be prepared for a sudden stop if the plates suddenly come free

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online