which Fazer?

clarke
This post is 4154 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've decided to get a Fazer again, but can't decide between a FZS600 (like my old one) or a 2003 FZ600 for a slight update. Anyone ridden both, had experience, got any opinions to help me decide?

Cheers

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's an addition... The Strom sits slightly too high for the icy weather & is a bugger to clean with all the plastic panels which are a PITA to remove.

I was just going to get the FZS but saw a FZ for similar price..

Hey Graham, long time no here sir..

Definatly get the FZS,,,,get the foxeye model,,,last year they were made is 2003

I've ridden the FZ and they are not half the bike,,,, that goes for the frame and the engine. Frame flexes if ya ridin hard and the engine is very lifeless and not as reliable.

Before i bought my FZS i really tested both bikes and i wouldnt even buy a cheap FZ.

Hope this helps mate.

Pat

Thanks Pat but unfortunately you're one day too late... Due to being stuck at work I let the wife decide and she picked the other & stuck a deposit on it...

Guess I'll have to see how I get on... I did read you have to make.better use of the higher revs on the newer one to get the best from the engine. Hopefully I won't flex the frame as I tend to be conservative in my riding style (too many years on cruisers)

On a side note, the FZS wasn't the foxeye model (unlike my previous one) so I don't feel too bad about it.... I did go and see quite a few FZS bikes but they were all in a sorry state, not good to see bikes like that!