More issues starting xt125r

This post is 4304 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Went to start the bike, but wouldn't turn over, said battery was minimal, when i had it on the charger the other day said it was fine. anyway oiked out the kick start, it turned over with choke out, got the revs up for a minute and slowly let out the throttle, engine cut out, repeated the same process with same effect a number of times. It seems it will turn over but then just cuts out if I release throttle or put choke in... Any ideas? Regards

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well it usually means removing the carb and then removing the float bowl from the carb in order to het at the jets, caution though*** the bowl screws are always tight if they have never been off before and you should use a perfect condition philips (not posidrive) screwdriver of exactly the right size or you will round off the screws and wish you'd asked someone to do it for you!

The pilot jet usually sits in a recess and requires again (important) the correct size screwdriver...one slip and its buggered...all of it, yeah I know it's all laden with DOOM but I just dont want you to feck it up see

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online