yamaha dt 125 engine + piston kit

ahaywood93
This post is 4304 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a dt its registered as a 50cc 1993 model but it has a 125 engine fitted, now the previous owner said he thinks its a 05+ engine but is not sure i was wondering if there's ways i could tell what year it is buy certain parts and another thing it need a new piston kit and i was wondering should i get the vertex piston kit that's £56.95 or the mitaka piston kit that's £39 is the vertex one much better for the £16 difference.

Im planning on doing a few things as I am going to keep this bike for 1 year so i then have 2 years no claims and do my full bike test within the next year, any advice would be perfect as I've only ever worked on moped engines but i have some knowledge of geared engines i can replace pistons and cranks and various other things.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Afraid I'm no help with your questions, but you might get a better response if you post an intro in the new member section.

:welcome: aboard btw!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online