idle rpm for rxs 100

shambles1980
This post is 4226 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi just wiondering what the idle speed for an rxs 100 is supiosed to be?

finaly got round to fiering it up after changing the head.

i will add that i did not know if the 2 stroke oil pump worked so i made a 25% premixed oil/fule just to be on the safe side..

any way the pump works so now i have a lot of smoke but thats to be expected with the amount of oil in the fule.

any way..

i tried to set the idle rpm at the little 1 on the clock. but it stalls at 1 unless i give it some revs.

it idles fine at about 1.5 though

so thought id come check the recomended idle rpm..

the down pipe seems to have a hole in it if that will affect it so i will be fixing that. and seems like i have a lot of re wiering to do for the indecators and tail light excetera.

any way i was just checking that i could make it run with a new head on there which seems to have fixed the compression issues. i have a spare carb on stand by.

once i get the engine running reasonably well i will the strip it down and re build it with the new seals bearings and gaskets that i have for it.

so umm idle rpm please any one know?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.