Homebrewing

Grouch
This post is 4278 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey sickness

Thats a great set of instructions

1/ Add ingredients (24 x 440ml amber nectar to shopping trolly)

2/ Wait (at checkout)

3/ Add stabilising agent (the missus)

4/ Shake like fuck. (when in urinal before tucking it away)

If all instructions were worded like that most guys would probably read them. :whistle::whistle:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yo grouch go for it I have been making my own beer for years it's not hard at all,and time wise it takes about 2hrs to make up the beer and bottle it.Cost wise it cost 1/6 of buying it from the beer store.

I use a pre made mix kit 1) pour it in a bucket 5 gallon 2)add 23lt water mixed with 1 kg of suggar at 23'c 3) add yeast package( comes in kit), 4)wait 7-10 days untill it stops bubling transfer to clean bucket leaving the sediment behind, add 1kg more suggar ,bottle,wait 14 days drink.

I make a batch every 2 weeks of 46 lts so I have 2 on the go all the time.

Once your 2nd batch is bottled you will be drinking you first batch and so goes the cycle.Make ,drink, make ,drink ,make,drink,drink drink,drink :buzz::beerchug::zzz:

• 2 weeks later...

you need to stagger production so you have some ready every month or 3..

its a good idea to keep them in a warm place when fermenting.

and you can make decent wine out of all kinds of junk you would usually consider "weeds"

any way an easy wine to make from junk is elderflower wine..

here is a beginners recpie.
http://www.farminmypocket.co.uk/home-brewing/recipes-home-brewing/elderflower-wine-recipe

sloe gin is a good idea too.

the only problem with sloe gin.. is that you actually have to start off with some gin..

but you get the little fruits from a black thorn bush. and they are every where "at least here in north wales they are"

any way..

A basic reccipie..

About 500g ripe sloes
About 250g sugar (the more sugar you use the quicker the flavour comes out but, obviously, the sweeter it is)
About 1 litre of gin (any gin, or even vodka if you want a purer flavour)

but thats not really brewing at all.. its just making gin tasty, and can be done with any fruit / berry really.

so some sloe wine may be a better idea..

http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/sloe.asp

---

beer and larger take a lot more practice to get anything pallatable. and is something to try with more expirience.,. although having said that. a 1st time beer maker will usually go crazy with the sugar, and then make some killer 20% beer.

The beer kits are easy enough if you follow the instructions, key things are to make sure every thing is sterilised fully, and to bottle at the right time, if you bottle too early you get excess sediment, if you bottle too late there is not enough yeast to use the bottling sugar to give it sparkle.

I find the Bitters and stouts easier than the lagers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online